Pages

Thursday 31 October 2013

David Beckham: I want Sir Alex Ferguson to manage my MLS team

 In his new autobiography, Ferguson suggested Beckham’s business pursuits off the pitch had compromised what he could have achieved on it. Ferguson, Beckham’s boss at Manchester United, was also particularly dismissive about his former player’s decision to leave Real Madrid for LA Galaxy in America back in 2007.  These days the now-retired Beckham is looking into setting up his own MLS franchise in Miami, and when asked about Ferguson’s criticism during a live questions-and-answers session on Facebook today, the 38-year-old said: ‘I’m not going to be negative about a man who gave me the chance to play for my boyhood team.  ‘Actually, he was one of the first numbers I was going to call to be manager [of my MLS franchise] but I’m not sure I would now.

Throughout his career Beckham took football marketing to new levels, and he continued to push the envelope in that regard today with an online book signing ‘live from the Facebook Digital Stadium’ to promote his latest tome.  BT Sports presenter Jake Humphrey quizzed the 38-year-old on his career at a central London studio, while fans were able to register on the social networking site to ‘receive a digital autograph’ from the football icon.’

0 comments:

Post a Comment