Pages

Saturday 5 October 2013

Even models have their fat days: Naomi Campbell admits she survived on juice before Versace show

 The snappy supermodel revealed the extreme measures she went to after she was reunited with the Italian fashion house after more than a decade when she strutted for Versace’s recent Atelier FW13 Couture show.  ‘For ten days prior… I just drank juice – carrot, ginger, pineapple – to cleanse,’ admitted The Face judge.  But the clothes horse maintains her juicy marathon was worth the reaction after she stepped out to unveil her sleek body at Donatella Versace’s showing.  She told Net-A-Porter’s online mag The Edit: ‘I was quite stunned at the reaction – I remember the room being quiet and I thought, “Oh my God, they don’t want me here!”.


‘It was emotional for me to do the show after 14 years,’ she said. ‘When I did my fitting in those amazing clothes, it was just overwhelming.’  The south Londoner now insists her crash diet was a one-off in her twilight modelling years.  ‘I’m not extreme about what I eat – I let chocolate and crisps come in at times. You have to allow the little things that make you happy,’ she said.  Single again at 43 after her break-up with Russian billionaire Vladislav Doronin, Campbell says her mother Valerie Morris lends her an ear.  Crediting mum, she said: ‘My mum is one of my main mentors… she always gave me the best advice.’

0 comments:

Post a Comment