Pages

Sunday 22 September 2013

Football: Van Persie; Partnership with Rooney going from strength to strength






Robin van Persie says he expects his partnership with Wayne Rooney to go from "strength to strength" at Manchester United and feels both players will score plenty of goals this season.

After a summer of speculation surrounding his future Rooney remains at Old Trafford and bagged his 200th goal for the club in the midweek win over Bayer Leverkusen, and Van Persie, who has also started the season in blistering form, says they make a great pairing up front "I love to play with Wayne because, for me, he has it all. As long as we can combine that really well, as long as we work together and try to improve which we are doing, I think we can go from strength to strength," he told reporters. "I think everyone can see we want to play together, that we are trying to give the ball. "For example, the ball that just missed me in the second half [against Leverkusen] when it went past me, he [Rooney] wanted to pass.

"Everyone could see that. It is good; it goes both ways. I really think if we can keep on growing, keep on passing each other the ball, we can both end up with a lot of goals this year."

The duo face Manchester City on Sunday and Van Persie says although it is still only September, it is a crucial clash for both teams. 

0 comments:

Post a Comment